March 13, 2011

What a Weekend!

Friday was picture day at Summer’s preschool. The dress she wore is what she’s going to wear on Easter so I don’t want to post any pictures of it yet, but here’s a sneak peek:

DSC_1470-3

Yep, just the tights is all you get to see until April 24. Trust me, she was beautiful!

Friday night, I did something I had never done before… I met another blogger in real life.

Cassie and I go way back… she was around during the AOL journal days like I was and we co-authored a blog called Simply Femme together for awhile. I was so excited to meet her and her boyfriend, Beau.

DSC_1473

They had come into town for the Lady Gaga concert that was the following night. Joe and I met them at a pub downtown for a drink. Or several.

DSC_1474

Cassie blogged about lemons the other day, so I wasn’t surprised when these showed up on the table…

DSC_1478

We had a great time. Cassie and Beau are awesome people. I can’t wait for us to get together again, maybe next time with all of our girls!

DSC_1476

I was super jealous that they were going to the Lady Gaga concert. Imagine my surprise when a friend of a friend had two tickets he wanted to sell for 50% off the face value a few hours before the concert on Saturday.

I felt weird about going out for a second night. I don’t normally go anywhere at all, maybe once a month Joe and I will go out to eat or to dinner but that’s about it. But… Lady Gaga! Couldn’t pass it up. My friend Jillia and I rushed around to get ready and headed downtown to the arena.

We ended up in the second to last row at the very top. It wasn’t the best spot but at least we were there! I took some pictures with my zoom lens. Since we were so far you can’t really see her face or anything but it’s better than nothing! I cropped a few of them for close-ups.

DSC_1486-2-2

DSC_1489

DSC_1492

DSC_1492-2

DSC_1493

DSC_1493-2

DSC_1504-2her disco stick

DSC_1507

DSC_1513the fame monster

DSC_1516

Her last song was Born This Way. They wore the same outfits that they wore at the Grammy’s.

DSC_1520

DSC_1519

DSC_1519-2

She did a great job interacting with the audience, and there was not a single lip-synced moment. Her voice is amazing live! When she first came out in the music industry, I didn’t like her at all... but she grew on me and now I think she is a great performer and I just love what she does for the LGBT community. I’m so glad I got to go!

Today has been a really lazy day. The girls are playing happily and I have a roast in the crock pot for dinner. I love days like this. I hope you’ve all had a great weekend!

15 comments:

NKriste said...

First of all, that is awesome that you met a blog friend in person! I want to do that someday!!

Those pictures of the Lady Gaga concert are so cool. I love her music. :)

Natalie said...

I love your pictures of the concert! You can feel the energy and the beat in them - nicely done! Looks like it was a great time.

Jamie Rubeis said...

How cool you got to meet a fellow blogger and went to Lady Gaga!

Those lemon drop shots look yummy too!

Monica said...

I'm jealous that you got to meet Cassie more than I am that you went to the Lady Gaga concert. LOL.

I miss Simply Femme. Y'all should bring it back.

Susie said...

That is so neat you got to meet a blogger. I hope to do that one day.
Glad you got to go to the Lady Gaga show.

Michelle said...

I love ALL of your pictures from Lady Gaga! You take wonderful pictures. Your girls are beautiful too -- love your blog header!

I'm hopping over from FTLOB and am following your lovely blog back! Hope you had a great weekend!

http://missblondiexoxo.blogspot.com

JBGRIGS said...

I am so jealous that you met Cassie and saw Lady Gaga. I'd say you had a great weekend :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend!

Ashley Sisk said...

Looks like a good weekend - I love that first shot!

Jacqui' said...

So that pic of your daughter is so cute and creative. Looks like you had an amazing weekend tho. I bet Lady Gaga puts on a great show.

way outnumbered said...

Very cool photos of the concert! Love all the colored lights....the first photos of the little girls tights though is my favorite!!

Jennifer Kay said...

I can't beleive how good your pictures are, I have never seen such good ones from a dark concert like that!!! Awesome.

You deserve a surprise get out of jail free card every once in a while!

amanda said...

love your pictures. can't wait to see the whole easter outfit. i should really start thinking about what my girls, and dustin, are going to wear! i'm always so last minute on all of that.

The Single Nester said...

What a great concert! Tickets in NY sold out too fast to get them. I think she has a great voice compared to that Spears chic!

Holly said...

Glad you got to meet a boggy friend IRL. That's always fun!

I bet that concert was crazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...