February 13, 2012

Homemade Crib Mobile… Owls and Stars

When I was planning Jace’s nursery, I knew I wanted it to be unique, clean, and somewhat modern. I didn’t have a specific theme in mind, just colors – a dark teal, and white.

It took me a really long time to choose bedding. After a lot of thought and hours on Pinterest and Etsy, I decided that a plain white crib sheet and bedskirt were the way to go. Since bumpers were out of the picture due to the increased risk of SIDS using them creates, and I wanted a clean look in the room, it made sense to keep it simple.

Without a theme or bedding set, and with the challenge of creating a unique, clean, and modern look in the room, I knew we needed to get creative with the crib mobile. I’d spent some time on Etsy looking at handmade mobiles and didn’t see why I couldn’t make one myself. I employed the help of my mom and aunt Susan, and we got to work over the next several weeks creating an owl and star mobile.

DSC_1077

All the materials were purchased at Hobby Lobby… dowel rods, little hooks, felt, stuffing, and embroidery thread.

DSC_1076

It looks so cute in there. I’m going to get a few better pictures tomorrow, from farther back in the room to get a better perspective, and I’ll add it to this post, so check back!

DSC_1082

Here is a felt pillow I made with our first “test owl”. So cute!

DSC_0348

7 comments:

Susie said...

What a cute idea and great job done!!

D said...

That is awesome!

Trina M Curran said...

Oh, my goodness. That is just so cute. I love, love, love owls. If I had another nursery to plan, I would probably do it with owls. It looks so cute! And I love the simplicity.

Missie said...

Too cute!

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

sweet nursery!!!!

Holly said...

i love it!!

erwicker said...

It is so sweet!

cribs for twins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...