January 12, 2011

Sledding!

Yesterday afternoon the girls and I met my mom, aunt, cousin, and brother at a park to go sledding. It was the same park that we had always gone to when I was a kid, because my aunt and uncle used to live right behind it. The hill wasn’t nearly as big as I remember it being, but it was the perfect size and incline to be fun but not scary for the girls.

Summer and Camryn were both a bit hesitant at first. Summer agreed to go down with her Grandmom and loved it.

DSC_0837

DSC_0838

DSC_0839

DSC_0841

Camryn was content just to watch. It’s usually the other way around… Summer is content watching and Camryn jumps right in.

DSC_0843

DSC_0851

DSC_0852

DSC_0855

DSC_0863

Camryn did agree to run down the hill with Grandmom.

DSC_0866

DSC_0868

DSC_0847

DSC_0872

DSC_0870

The time and stress it took to get myself and them ready to go out was totally worth it. After sledding, we headed to my aunts house and had hot chocolate, and then made chili and cornbread for dinner. Joe came over after work to join us. We ended the day around the fire chatting and lamenting about how we wish every day could be like that one.

Photography: I shot half of these on manual, half on shutter speed priority. Both settings were “perfectly exposed” in-camera but came out super dark. Next time I will use my exposure compensation to see if that helps. All of the images in this post are SOOC except for a slight brightness adjustment and crop, and I had to pick and choose the best ones out of only 20 or so… I would have taken more but my memory card was full :-/

9 comments:

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

what a great day!!!!

Mary said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great day with your family. Especially the hot chocolate, chili and time by the fire. Sounds like the perfect winter day. :)

Susie said...

What a fun time that you all had spending time with the family. Having fun in the snow then just reminiscing.That hill would be just fine for me too. Looks like so much fun. I haven't gone sledding for so many years.

Stephanie said...

Aren't you so happy you took your camera now? :) Love them!

JBGRIGS said...

I'm glad you all had fun :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Cute pictures! What a fun day with your family!

Darcy said...

this makes me miss snow so much!

Unknown said...

you painted fun in your faces! Thanks for sharing :D

http://buybimatoprostonline.com/

Holly said...

Sledding is so much fun! It's been a while since I've done it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...