December 6, 2010

It’s Beginning to Look Like Christmas

We spent most of Saturday laying around watching a Harry Potter marathon on TV. Saturday evening Joe and our friend Kenny went and got our Christmas tree and got it set up. We wanted to give it a day to settle a bit before we decorated.

DSC_0171

Sunday morning we woke up to more snow.

DSC_0275edit1

DSC_0263edit1

DSC_0266edit1

DSC_0276edit3

DSC_0272edit1

DSC_0265edit2

DSC_0282edit1

DSC_0279edit1

DSC_0284edit1

DSC_0280edit1

When we got all of our lights out, 3 of the 4 strands weren’t working and the 4th only worked on half. We headed out to Target to get some more lights.

DSC_0237edit1

It was kind of a blessing in disguise because we had been eyeing the LED lights there for 5 years.

DSC_0253edit5

After dinner we got to work decorating. Joe and I got the lights on and helped the girls add the colored balls evenly all over, then we let them go to town adding all the special ornaments. Most of them ended up around the bottom, but that’s okay :)

DSC_0312edit2

DSC_0330edit1

DSC_0326edit2

DSC_0339edit1

our cozy living room

DSC_0355edit4

I love this time of year!

13 comments:

Susie said...

The girls did a good job!! Your living room does look cozy with the fire burning and the tree lit.

SarahMarie said...

Great pictures! Love how the tree turned out.

Miranda said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
I am SO jealous of the snow y'all have! We're lucky to get two flurries every 15 years or so :o)
Your pictures are AMAZING! So beautiful!!!

Mary said...

Your decorations and tree are beautiful! I love seeing everyone's trees. I also love that picture of the girls in the lights. So cute!

I hope you have a great week :)

Trish said...

looks so warm and cozy by your fire. It snowed here on Sat too...but I missed seeing because I was in NY!!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I'm working on my tree pics. Need some softly lit ones tonight then I will start playing and posting!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Cute pictures! Your tree spot is so nice and cozy!!!

sarah said...

tell joe and the girls hi i hope i can came over soon to send the night again when joe is their

sarah k said...

it is sarahkeith writing that

Whitney said...

I love your photos! The ones of the girls in the snow and covered in lights, plus your tree is just gorgeous!!

Vicky said...

So pretty! I would not have guessed you got snow in Kentucky and so happy to see that you do :)

JBGRIGS said...

It looks so pretty :)

melissa rohr said...

your photos are ALL breathtaking! i love the one with the girls wrapped in the lights *skips off to try that one ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...