June 29, 2011

I’m Here

The latest threat from a family member: “Update your blog or I’m gonna update it for you.”

I’ve had pretty good days and I’ve had really bad days. The exhaustion hasn’t let up much… I wake up tired and I go to sleep tired.

I try to get up and out of the house as much as I can… it keeps me feeling slightly normal and it’s good for the girls to get out.

Last week, the girls and I joined my mom, aunt Angie, uncle Mike, and cousin Olivia for some blueberry picking on a farm about 40 minutes away in Indiana. We picked for an hour or two and between my mom, Summer, Camryn, and I, we got about 3 gallons of berries that we split between us. It was a lot of fun!

DSC_0318

DSC_0325

DSC_0333

We’ve mostly been eating them plain out of the fridge, but I did freeze some that we made smoothies with. If you have any good blueberry recipes, send them my way!

Father’s day was nice… the day before, Joe spent some time fishing with his dad, and then Sunday afternoon we spent some time with my dad. The girls made Joe cards and were so proud of themselves.

Joe’s birthday was Monday. He is now 26! After he got home from work, my parents and brother came over, and we celebrated with pizza, brownies, cake, and ice cream.

I had to make these black and white, the lighting was horrible…

DSC_0336-2

DSC_0340

DSC_0347

DSC_0349

DSC_0359

DSC_0362

DSC_0364

Today has been rough, last night I was feeling bad and woke up feeling worse. I thought it was because I was hungry, but then after I ate lunch I threw up my turkey wrap and strawberries. Not fun. I’ve kept some rice and crackers down since then, but I’m afraid to eat much else.

Sorry all my updates are so… melancholy. Hopefully in two weeks when this first trimester is over I can go back to my daily (happy) updates!

8 comments:

Janie said...

I love the picture of one of your girls holding up the blueberry - so much personality in those little chipped-polished nails :)

When I was pregnant with my 2nd, I was sick like that in the beginning. I lived on sour patch kids and lemon heads. I'm fairly certain that's the only thing that I ate in the first trimester.

maren said...

I'm so sorry you've been feeling poorly! I've missed your blogging and pics! Great pics! The blueberries look so delicious! As far as recipes go, I like to make baked oatmeal like this recipe and put blueberries with it instead of craisins. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-oatmeal-ii/detail.aspx! Hope you feel better soon!

Susie said...

Hope you start to feel better soon. I miss reading your blog.

Holly said...

Rest up, girl!! :) I think that is my least fav part of pregnancy is that extreme tiredness.

D said...

Ahhh...blueberries. Those are sweet childhood memories for me. My dad used to work at a cranberry bog and they had a blueberry patch and we used to go all the time.

JBGRIGS said...

Hope it gets better for you soon (((hugs)))

Meredith Morrison said...

Feel better Stephanie! I always love your blog posts and pictures! :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm sorry you're still sick. I completely understand how difficult it is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...