May 10, 2011

Our Week in One Post…

I’ve had trouble posting for the last week, partly because this week has been full of ups and downs and stress and busyness, and partly because nothing felt important enough to talk about following Camdin’s death.

When a child passes away, everything else seems very superficial and I just couldn’t bring myself to talk about our daily life when Camdin’s mommy and daddy were hurting so much. It didn’t feel right.

I’m still so sad and shocked that he is gone, and that we will never see him grow up, but we have to continue living our life so… back to regular blogging it is.

An overview of our week:

Sunday morning, we found out Camdin had passed away at 2:30AM.

Sunday evening, I (and Camryn) did a photo session with an awesome family (read their blog here!) who happen to have the two most well-behaved children I’ve ever encountered. It rained almost the entire time…

BoehmFB (1 of 1)-12

…but we went with it and I got some decent pictures…




BoehmFB (1 of 1)-9

BoehmFB (1 of 1)-20

Sunday night, we found out Osama bin Laden was killed. It was a very weird day.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were pretty non-eventful. Lots of Camdin, Osama bin Laden, Obama, and Derby planning.

Thursday morning, Camryn and I dropped Summer off at school, and then drove Summer’s acceptance form to her new school. We found out last week that she was accepted into the school we were hoping she would get into for this coming school year. We’re so thankful and excited!

After that, we went to Summer’s preschool for a Mother’s Day Tea. It was SO CUTE. They escorted us back to their classroom, sat us down, and performed songs for us. Summer did a great job singing all the words and doing all the dances. They gave us handmade flowers, drawings they did of us, and a really cute towel they had drawn and painted on. They even helped make the refreshments. Summer had helped to make the cheeseball. It was so much fun! These pictures are of her and her two best friends from her class singing and dancing.





Thursday evening, a memorial service was held for Camdin at a friend of the family’s church. It was a really nice service and went well. They had him cremated and his ashes placed in a teddy bear until they decide where they will have him buried. Here are a few pictures of the memorial they had set up at the front of the church that I got off of Facebook… hopefully whoever took these doesn’t mind my borrowing them.

camdin5     camdin4   

That big picture in the middle is kind of hard to see here, but it is of him smiling. We hadn’t seen him since he was a newborn, so it was nice to see what he looked like recently. He was a beautiful baby.

 camdin1     camdin3    

Quick note… It’s better to say something than nothing at all. I know that sometimes it’s hard to find the right words in situations like this, but trust me… saying the wrong thing is better than causing people to think you don’t care. This is not directed at anyone specifically… I really appreciate all of your kind words and prayers directed our way and I know that Nicole and Joey do, too.

Friday was Oaks day. For those who don’t know, the Oaks is a horse race held the day before the Kentucky Derby, where the fillies (female horses) race. It’s a holiday here in Louisville, so Summer didn’t have school.

Saturday was Derby day. My parents have an awesome Derby party every year so we headed there around 3:30. We had a fun time. I barely took any pictures… this is one of the few. My cousin Katherine with her fascinator:


Sunday was Mother’s Day of course… I got to sleep late and then woke up to McDonald’s and a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. It was noon, so my breakfast in bed was a Big Mac and fries. Yum! We went over to my parents house that afternoon to give my mom her gift (an 11x14 matted print of the four of us and am easel style photo holder) and to visit with them and my brother before he went back to school. We had a nice time relaxing in the backyard and enjoying the nice weather. It was a good Mother’s Day. I am so lucky to have the best mom in the world, and be a mom to my two beautiful, smart, adorable little girls.

Most of the day yesterday I spent doing laundry and watching the Casey Anthony jury selection. After dinner I met a few friends for margaritas, which was much needed after the week I had. Today has been spent doing more laundry and watching more jury selection. Tonight after dinner, the girls have a make-up soccer game, and then we’ll be heading to my aunt’s house for my cousin’s birthday party.

Whew. I think that’s it. I hope you have all had a good week so far. Hopefully I will get a chance to catch up on blog reading soon!


Jennifer Kay said...

It's funny how something happens in your life and then what used to be a priority isn't anymore. When my grandpa died a few years ago I didn't care one bit if I ever worked again (until three days later when the handbook said I had to return). In the moment you can only focus on that one thing.

P.S. Haylee has that same dress!

Susie said...

How cute, Summer doing her program!! Glad to see that you had a good Mother's Day even though you had a rough week!!

maren said...

We really appreciate you taking our pics, Stephanie! You've got rave reviews over on my facebook when I shared them! We've been out of town, but I'm hoping to share them on my blog soon! THANKS AGAIN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...