March 26, 2011

A Birthday, Sports, and Mother Nature’s Cruel Joke

Yesterday was a pretty busy day for us…

As soon as Joe got home from work, we left to go to my friend Erika’s birthday celebration at Texas Roadhouse. It was great to see her and her new little family – Gracie is getting so big!

After that we headed to my parents’ house. Not only was UK playing a tournament game against the #1 team in the country, Ohio St., but it was my aunt Angie’s 50th birthday. My mom went all out decorating with black balloons and signs that said stuff like, “Caution: Falling Body Parts”.

DSC_0063

And no, she doesn’t look 50 at all! Not even with a head scarf and this crazy bra…

DSC_0075

My brother came home from school this weekend so he could watch the game with us.

DSC_0067

Summer’s party hat!

DSC_0078

My friend Audrey and Olivia came, too.

DSC_0091

Playing with my phone..

DSC_0098

We had a great time, especially because we WON, by two points. The game was so close the whole time, so we were relieved when we got our last basket. It was beautiful. And we get to do it all again on Sunday evening when we play North Carolina!

This afternoon, Summer and Camryn had their first soccer game. It was SO cold, in the 40’s, so we dressed them in layers and hoped for the best. I can’t believe how beautiful it was last week and how horrible it is now.

DSC_0102

My mom, dad, and uncle Jimmy came to watch them play.

DSC_0105

They did really well considering it was the first game of the season, and Camryn’s first game ever.

DSC_0110

They were both hesitant but they got their feet on the ball a few times.

DSC_0114

Their coach did a wonderful job, as I suspected he would. His wife was helping and made sure the girls knew what they were supposed to do.

DSC_0121

DSC_0123

The cold got to them and I could tell they were miserable and having trouble paying attention. Summer stuck it out but Camryn got pretty upset and had to sit with us the second half of the game. 

DSC_0129

We took them to McDonalds’s for lunch and to play in the play area after the game.

Related Note: If you are old enough to wear a bra, you are probably too old to play in the play area.

Then we came home so Joe and his dad could continue working on our new shed.

DSC_0147

Our current shed was there before we moved in. It’s falling apart and is right in the middle of the yard so it takes away a lot of space. We’re building the new one on the side of the house out of the way, and it’s going to be bigger.

This past week they built the floor…

DSC_0144

They got to work on it, and then 30 minutes later, this happened:

DSC_0159

It was a mix of rain, snow, and sleet. Ugh. Not what anyone wants at the end of March. Hopefully this is Mother Nature’s last wintery hurrah.

They did manage to get the studs up for the walls in that short time.

DSC_0168

Hopefully in the next few days they can finish up the walls and the roof, and then we’ll just need to add shingles, shelves, and put the privacy fence back up.

During all of that, Camryn fell asleep watching Spongebob.

DSC_0154

So peaceful.

DSC_0155

I moved her to the couch after I took those, and she’s still there. Poor thing, I’m sure she’s totally worn out!

Sorry that was so long, I wanted to get caught up!

For those interested… I still don’t have my photography website or blog up, but I do have a Dirt and Lace Photography page on Facebook. Click here to “Like” it and see the two sessions I’ve done so far.

8 comments:

Riley said...

I love watching younger kids play soccer. Must have been fun for all of you!

Susie said...

Glad they enjoy the soccer game. I hate when it is so cold for them though. I get to see my little granddaughter play next her first game. Love the pictures as usual.

Jennifer said...

I. Adore. Your. Photography skill. What a fun weekend. =) (MINUS the snow...what in THE world????) My parents live in Middle TN and they had sleet and snow yesterday. Today it has been very gloomy, rainy and cold here. =( I'm SO ready to open my windows again and breathe the fresh spring air.

I was SO excited to hear that UK beat OSU! Go Wildcats!!!! =) Good luck with the shed. =) I just wish I could get ours organized......ugh!

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. We're praying the Wildcats pull off another amazing win!

Easton wife said...

Damn! I guess I have to stop playing at McDonalds!

Glad the game went well minus the cold. We woke up to snow too! Ugh! Spring where the hell are you?!!

Cass

Mommyto3andahusky said...

awww, you have a beautiful family! I just found your blog and became a follower! :) Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

Undeserving Grace said...

Great memories you've captured! This crazy weather has wore out its welcome w/ me. I wish it would make up its mind. My daughter played soccer when she was 4 and the kids took breaks to pick flowers...and play in the nets haha. Good times. now following..come over and say hello :)
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

Nicole said...

Poor kids! It was in the 80s here one day and then a few days later it snowed. It's just crazy!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

They looked so cute playing soccer! Sorry it was so cold. Opening day for baseball was like that last year-it was awful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...