December 31, 2010

2010 Dirt and Lace Recap

This past year has been a year of ups and downs for my family and I. Luckily the good far outweighed the bad. Here are some of the highlights of our year… mostly blogged about, but some things I don’t think I did. I’d love to hyperlink everything but I don’t have time so you will have to go to the archive if you want to read about any of this stuff Smile

JANUARY

Summer and Camryn were both potty-trained and mostly out of Pull-Ups FINALLY!

Camryn began the habit of getting in our bed at night, which they both continue to do several times a week.

FEBRUARY

Summer gave Camryn her first haircut. It was a little off the back that gave her a bit of a mullet. Luckily her hair started growing pretty quickly and you couldn’t tell by May.

Joe’s work truck, parked outside our house, got broken into and $4000 in tools was stolen. Luckily our homeowner’s insurance and Joe’s work insurance paid enough to replace most of them. We also found out that they had tried to pick our front door lock. I didn’t sleep soundly for a week, picturing someone breaking in and coming into my room while I slept.

MARCH

Joe’s dad, Joe, had a heart attack. He had to undergo surgery and scared the crap out of us all. He’s doing really well now, thank goodness.

We took the girls on their first fishing trip.

APRIL

Summer started playing soccer at the Y. Started off shaky but by the last game she was making goals left and right. We're looking forward to this next season, and Camryn will play, too!

MAY

My parents, brother, Joe, the girls, and I took a trip to Okaloosa Island, Florida for a week. We had a wonderful time and I am aching to go back there.

JUNE

I start to figure out how to use my point and shoot camera to take decent pictures. It all started when I discovered the Macro button.

I went on a fishing trip with Joe and my dad. Joe gets a fish hook stuck in his nose, and manages to remove it himself with pliers. I still cannot forget the sound of the pop as it came out.

We finally painted our porch and planted landscaping along the front of the house. What a difference it made!

JULY

Summer and Camryn rode their first boat.

AUGUST

Summer jumps off the side of the pool and goes underwater for the first time. A few weeks later she learns to swim with floaties on, above and under water.

Joe, my brother, and I take the girls to their first movie at the movie theater. We saw Toy Story 3D and they had a great time.

Summer started preschool. She hasn’t had a bad day yet!

I ate a donut burger at the fair. I still crave them.

My goddaughter Olivia went to the zoo for the first time with us.

Joe and I made a huge transformation to our living room when we painted our retro brick fireplace white and tan. Best decision, ever!

SEPTEMBER

Joe injured his eye at work. Luckily it was just a corneal abrasion with no lasting damage.

Camryn started biting her toenails.

OCTOBER

Joe and I took the girls on their first camping trip.

Joe spent a week working on the local Extreme Makeover: Home Edition house. We have an air date!! January 9!! I’ll remind you all again closer to the day it will come on Smile

Our front door lock wouldn't work when I came home one night and we were told (by the locksmith at Lowe’s after looking at our lock) that someone had tried to break in again. We added a chain lock to the door and don’t go to bed without it locked and the porch light on.

NOVEMBER

My sweet, wonderful, courageous Grandmother passed away at the age of 83 after a battle with Alzheimer’s.

I got my new camera, a Nikon d3100, courtesy of my parents as an early X-Mas gift. I’m still excited over this and am DYING to get a new lens already. My birthday is in February, guys ;-)

DECEMBER

My friend Erika had her baby, Gracie Maria.

Joe got laid off for a month while his company gets more work. He is getting unemployment during this time but it’s not enough.

We held our first annual Christmas party for our friends.

What a year! I feel so excited about 2011… I can’t wait to get it started and see what is in store for us. Have a happy new year!

6 comments:

jennohara said...

Happy New year to you guys! You've made some awesome memories last year. I wish the same thing and more for this one!

Vicky said...

Happy New Year! What a great re-cap and hope that 2011 is bountiful for you all :)

EmilytheCreative said...

Great recap! And Happy New Year to you too!

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love this!!!!!!!!!!

that's so scary someone tried to break in twice! My husband got his truck stolen from a gas station one time - didn't help that he left the keys in the seat though :( $10,000 worth of tools gone - huge hassle too!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I hope you have a great year!
I am still cringing over the fish hook in the nose story.

JBGRIGS said...

Great post. I hope 2011 is wonderful for you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...