September 13, 2010

Here a Duck, There a Duck

After dinner today we headed to one of our favorite parks to enjoy the beautiful weather.

This park has everything… a playground, a creek, walking trails through the woods…IMG_0682editlots of pretty flowers and polka-dotted bugs…and…IMG_0703editDucks! Lots and lots and lots of ducks.IMG_0716editIMG_0717editWe sat down in the middle of the field and fed them cheerios.

IMG_0730editIMG_0724editHarley came with us. She only tried to eat one duck, the rest of the time she sat with us and watched them closely.IMG_0728editThe ducks ate a total of two lbs of cheerios.IMG_0734editSummer wanted to feed the ducks from her hand like her Daddy did. She was so patient, I think she sat there with her hand out for 10 minutes… and finally one duck bravely came forward and ate from her hand. She was so excited!IMG_0741edit        I hope your evening was as nice as ours!

7 comments:

maren said...

First time I've stopped by your new page. I like it! We stopped by Brown park to feed the ducks on Friday last week. We fed the ducks, then walked down and saw the sign that mentioned all the reasons for NOT feeding them. Made me feel like a criminal...teeheeehee... But the ducks sure didn't seem to mind!!! And little Pierson loved it!

Holly said...

There's a lot of ducks at our local park too. I kinda freaked out though when they all started coming toward Kyndra when we were giving them bread. I kept imagining them pecking at her. lol

Carolynn said...

Cute Family! I just wanted to let you know that I have started a new blog for Custom Blog Designers and I have featured one of your blog designs in my inspirations section. Here is a link to the post, thanks!! ~Carolynn
http://makincuteblogs.blogspot.com/2010/08/20-beautifully-simple-custom-blog.html

Kristine said...

We have a "duck" park too...the kids love it there. I need to take them tomorrow...thanks for inspiring me!

Love the pics too!

Ashley Sisk said...

How did I miss this the other day...fun shots. I love the second one with the bee. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for coming by and posting! I think sometimes when you blog you wonder if anyone actually ever reads what you have to say. :D

I went to your personal and your photog blog and both are so amazing. You sound like a wonderful, proud and busy mommy trying to capture life as it is meant to be remembered! Thanks so much for the comments too. Your photos are just as amazing! Your macro photos are incredible. I don't own a macro lens... i used too but sold it when I switched over to Nikon. I haven't had the need yet to get one since my wish list is too large but it would be fun to capture some of the same shots you did! Great job!!

Tiffany said...

Cute pics, and I'm surprised your dog didn't try to eat more than one duck! LOL My duck would have gone nuts! So cute that Summer waited for one to eat out of her hand. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...