August 4, 2010

So Proud!

On Friday, we all went to the pool. While Joe and I were swimming with my cousin and brother in the larger pool, my dad was spending time with my girls in the baby pool. When I went up to check on them, my dad told me to watch Summer. I watched in amazement as she walked to the edge of the pool, closed her eyes, and jumped in.IMG_9607editShe had never done this before. In fact, my cautious girl won’t even go into the deep end with her floaties on yet. We thought Camryn would be the first to be brave enough to jump in and go underwater, but Summer proved us wrong.IMG_9609editShe did it over and over, going underwater each time like a pro. She even swam underwater a bit. I am so in awe of my Dad convincing Summer to try this. What an awesome Grandpa.IMG_9610edit

13 comments:

Ali said...

Woo hoo! That's so great.

cfoxes33 said...

Grandpas can get our kids to do something that we could never get them to do. I'm a new follower!

Holly said...

That is awesome! That's a big step!

JBGRIGS said...

WTG Summer :)

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Love it!! Summer should feel good about what she accomplished. WTG!

Kristine said...

Wow, wtg!!

Tiffany Lockette said...

Way to go Summer, that rocks!! I think I was like 7 before I would go under....don't tell anyone!! hahaha

Missie said...

Hooray to Summer!That's a huge accomplishment for a little girl.

Susie said...

Great job Summer!!

Tiffany said...

Great job Summer! Keely is starting to practice swimming in my mom's pool w/out her floaties on and in the shallow end where she can reach the bottom. I'm so proud of her, b/c she's been pretty skittish about swimming until a few weeks ago and she became more brave and will swim into the deep end alone w/ her floaties. :) We're still working on the holding our breath part and going under. :)

Unknown said...

Yaaaay! They are so cute at that age. Time really does fly. Follow me back to My Heart's Desire.

Jillian said...

Yay, how exciting!!

faith ann raider said...

aaaw. so cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...