June 28, 2010

Birthday in the Woods

My family owns some land about 40 minutes away from our house, out in the country. It’s beautiful, right on the Little Kentucky River. We have a grill, fire pit, picnic table, and a camper we keep put there which has electricity and a toilet. Two very important things to have in the middle of nowhere. Joe wanted to spend his birthday out there, so yesterday afternoon, he and I and the girls, my mom, Joe’s dad, my cousin Richard, and our friends Kenny and Audrey, along with Audrey’s boyfriend David, went out there. We had a great time. The girls went creek-walking, and the guys went creek-fishing.Then we grilled hotdogs, ate s’mores, and had birthday cake.IMG_7718edit IMG_7736editIMG_7739edit IMG_7754edit IMG_7756edit IMG_7777edit IMG_7767editHarley was so tired from running around, she ate her dinner laying down.IMG_7781editRight after I changed Summer into dry clothes, she slipped on a wet rock and got her shorts went. She spent the rest of the evening in her underwear. I don’t think she minded.IMG_7783edit25 years on this Earth. I think he had a great birthday :)

I’m totally embarrassed by his hat and his muscle shirt. But we were in the county. And it was his birthday. So I’ll give him a pass this time.IMG_7787edit

8 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Your girls are just so cute. Hey I like the hubby's hat. Ha!

Susie said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing birthday. Glad that he enjoyed it.

Jessica Warrick said...

awe looks like yall had much fun..

Holly said...

That looks like a pretty neat area. It's nice to have a place like that to go to and relax and have fun!

Stephanie said...

I love that river!!!! So cool that they could get down and just walk around in it!!!

Tiffany Lockette said...

Wow, what a fun trip. I would love to do some fishing sometime and let Zoe try it out. You are getting so good with your camera by the way. Love the pictures. Hope Joe had a great birthday, 25 huh? Oh to be 25 again, I say that like it was soooo long ago!

JBGRIGS said...

Sounds like Joe had a nice birthday. Great Pictures :)

Tiffany said...

I get embarrassed about the pics I have of B in his wife beater under shirts. LOL But hey he's usually at home and comfy. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...