February 1, 2009

I don't know where to start.


You may have heard that Kentucky had some weather issues this past week. Issues being snow, ice, rain, thousands of power outages, and a state of emergency.




We were among the unlucky that experienced loss of power. Our power was out from Wednesday morning until last night. We managed to stay warm using two kerosene heaters and our fireplace, but every other aspect of living was rough. Myself, Joe, Summer, Camryn, Harley, and my brother all slept in the living room to stay warm. It was cramped, and I've decided that our couch is NOT comfortable.

So, that's where I've been! In the midst of all of this, we have also gotten a real estate agent. Actually a husband and wife team, that my aunt knows through friends. So far, they have been great. We also got in touch with a lender at National City mortgage and are officially pre-approved for enough to buy a decent starter home. We are leaving in about 30 minutes to drop the kids off at my parents' house while we meet our agents at a house to look at. This is very exciting, but I hate all the waiting and uncertainty. Hopefully we find what were looking for soon!

I have to go blow-dry my hair so we can leave. I am so far behind in blogs but I'll try to visit everyone later. I hope your all's weekend was more peaceful than mine!

15 comments:

- said...

I heard about your Ice storm on the news!! And i'm in Massachusetts...so if it's on my local news that it was pretty bad! I bet that it looks pretty in area's though.

Bridgett said...

We were hit pretty hard too...nothing like Kentucky was though. I can't imagine being without power all those days. Scary!

Thank God you had ways of keeping warm. If we were in the same situation, we wouldn't. :(

Congrats on the house loan approval! That rocks! I hope you find something really good. Keep us updated with pictures, please. :)

XOXO

amanda said...

how crazy!! hope the house hunting goes well...how fun. :0)

Susie said...

Stephanie glad to see you back. I thought maybe you have been without power since you haven't blog. I was lucky enough to be one of the fortunate one and was only out for 8 hours. Good Luck with the house hunting.

Allison said...

Good luck with the purchase of a new home. Please don't tell me you are among the people that love winter in your neck of the woods and much prefer it ot my So Cal winter weather? LOL Have a happy week. : )

Leslie said...

hey Hun, *hugs* I was wondering where u have been. I have had heard of the bad weather on the news. Im so sorry you all got affected by it. But at least u all were together, doing what u could in a bad situation to stay warm and help each other. Im so glad the power is back on and more so u all are safe. Thats great you guys have been pre approved and you found a team of real estate agents to help you. im excited for you all. Sending prayers your way. cant wait to hear how it all goes. Take care hun, Have a good rest of day xo, Leslie

Monica said...

I'm new to your blog. I can't remember if I found you on Bridgett's or Brittany's blog.

Anyway, I am following your blog now. I look forward to getting to know you! :)

carolinagirl said...

Girlfriend, I saw KY on the news and had you and your family on my mind. Glad you are back online! Good luck with the house hunting!!!

Missie said...

Glad you have heat and electric now. Good luck on finding a house. How exciting!!

Kristine said...

Wow! I was wondering why you weren't blogging. Glad the powers back on and good luck buying a home!

Tiffany said...

I can't imagine being w/out power for that long, especially with little ones. We'd be up a creek though, b/c we're all electric here...and our fireplace doesn't do a whole lot to keep the place warm. Longest we've been w/out power was maybe 3 or 4 hours. Glad you're back and hope the ice is over! Good luck on the house hunting! Don't settle for something you don't want!

EmilytheCreative said...

I heard about the ice storm on the news and saw all the pictures. It is crazy. I'm glad yall were safe and able to stay warm. Good luck with the house hunt.

JBGRIGS said...

My sister lives in KY too. She was without power for a few days as well. Glad to hear you are all safe and got power back. Good luck with house hunting :)

Terri said...

Thanks for sharing the pics...
I plan on posting mine sometime this weekend...is was crazy wasn't it? I have never seen that much ice in my life...we were without power from Wed-Sat...Mom is still without power..day 10 for them...we had no heat for a couple days and finally were lucky enough to get a generator...I've got a nasty sinus infection now though..thursday morning when we woke up it was 44 degrees in the house you could see your breath...glad ya'll are okay....

Best of Luck house hunting!

Hugs
Terri

Candace said...

Hey there! We got the same storm... I am about 20 miles outside of Cincinnati and it was pretty bad here too! Love the pics of your girls sleeping in the living room as well as the pic of your doggy under the blanket! PRECIOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...